We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your Personal Data is used. We will only collect and use Personal Data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
2. Who we are
The Buffini Chao Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales (no. 1111022). Our postal address is: The Buffini Chao Foundation, PO Box 1427, Northampton, NN1 9FP.
3. What this notice covers
This Privacy Notice explains how we use your Personal Data, how it is collected, how it is held and how it is processed. It also explains your rights relating to your Personal Data.
4. What is Personal Data
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. In simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified.
Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
6. What we collect and process
We collect some or all of the following Personal Data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender and proof of identity/photo identification.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account, payment card details and credit reference reports.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you in relation to our properties.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
7. How we use your Personal Data
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using Personal Data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your Personal Data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it.
Your Personal Data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- For operation and maintenance purposes our Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with our Website (System Logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as an IP Address).
- Internal record keeping
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news, or other information which we think you may find interesting. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your Personal Data to contact you for market research purposes contacting you by email AND/OR phone AND/OR mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Website User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of our Website or related services
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. How long we keep your Personal Data
We will not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary in light of the purpose or purposes for which that Personal Data was originally collected, held and processed. When Personal Data is no longer required, all reasonable steps will be taken to erase or otherwise dispose of it without delay.
9. Sharing of your Personal Data
We share your personal information with:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- If required to do so by law
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission.
10. Accessing your Personal Data
If you want to know what Personal Data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that Personal Data and for a copy of it (where any such Personal Data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
11. Contact details
To contact us about anything to do with your Personal Data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 07493 652270
Postal Address: The Buffini Chao Foundation, PO Box 1427, Northampton, NN1 9FP.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice